Sunday, March 30, 2014

Butterflies in the Wind

 We just completed a fun swap in Artful Mail Groupies for an art swap with a Butterfly theme. I love butterflies, and flowers and all that spring represents.  A rebirth from sleep. Spring makes me feel alive and I always anticipate the blooms of spring before the heat of  our summer burns them all up. I bring home new "victims" as my husband calls them, only to repeat each spring.  But, for a while, they are glorious, full, lush and beautiful.  If my flowers survive past June 1st, it is a miracle indeed.
These two cards were made on watercolor paper with Dylusions spray inks.  The top one was sprayed dry and "dripped", while the one on the right, I used a lacy placemat as a stencil that I got in a happy mail.  Ink and doodling were made elements with Faber Castell Pitt Pen, Sakura Gelly pens, Sharpie markers and a black china marker.  When I look at these they make me happy.  Just like spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment