Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring Is In the Air

Don't you just love spring?  Everything comes alive again--the flowers blooming, the grass is growing, the birds are singing.  A rebirth of life.  And that is the subject of my spring ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) made for a swap at Artful Mail Groupies.  I love making these little miniatures. They are always challenging and fun to make and to receive.

I recently came into a goodly supply of baseball cards and enjoy altering them for our ATC swaps.  Sometimes they are more challenging than others, depending on the mediums used.

This particular set of cards was made using a scanned and printed vintage card, sized down for the ATC and then embellished with a Signo Uniball and Sakura Gelly pen.  I felt the image surely didn't need too much embellishment as it is just too cute on its own.  I hope the intended recipients enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Following along with the goodness of spring, I made the attached greeting card, also for a swap in Artful Mail Groupies.  Our challenge/theme was 'friendship" - opening up a whole world of possibilities, quotes and emotions.  What would our lives be like if we didn't have friends?  Sad, indeed.  I have certainly been blessed to have many friends in my life and have made many lasting friendships through the internet and social media.



The base card was created on 140 pound press watercolor paper using Dylusions Spray Inks, some candy wrappers, buttons and scrapbooking paper cut outs for the stems and leaves.  These were embellished with Sakura Gelly pen.  The inside sentiment was hand lettered with my new Scarlet Lime pen and Sakura Glaze pens.  I then mounted the front to white Bristol paper and used a handy-dandy corner punch to round them out.  I hope that the intended recipient enjoys it.  I had lots of fun creating this one.



2 comments: