Saturday, March 29, 2014

DLP Week 14 Challenge

Our challenge in the Documented Life Project for week 14 was to draw your name and then embellish it.  I did mine on some white card stock I had on hand that was cut to print out cards. I find that I use this precut card stock for lots of projects and I have it in 4 different colors. These are nice vellum papers and the finish is quite tactile.  I trimmed the paper to size to fit my planner and rounded the corners.

So anyway, the decision was how to write it, what style, how big (or small) and still have room to write on my tip-in.  I normally use the reverse side of my tip-ins to record mail art and happy mail that I send out each week, leaving the adjacent page in my planner for journaling, notes for the week and so forth, but this week there is plenty of room for note taking and mail recording right on the front!

So this is what I came up with.  Large and in-charge.  I pulled up a font I liked on the internet and then just emulated the style, drawing it first in pencil then outlining with my Faber-Castell Pitt marker in "F" point. I used this same pen for all the doodles.  Page was colored with Copic markers with BG05 Holiday Blue, Y35 Maize, E57 Light Walnut,  R27 Cadmium Red, YG00 Mimosa Yellow.  I rather like how it turned out. Bright, cherry and spring-like. How about you?

5 comments:

  1. I love the way your "name in lights" turned out. So bright and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette. It was a happy challenge. So I used lots of bright colors.

      Delete
  2. Love it! Very fresh and springy! LOL What is the font? I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny Rho, the font is just a block font. I just printed out some paper samples and didn't record the font name, sorry. I will do that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Vicki. An interesting challenge for sure.

    ReplyDelete