Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Stars at Night

Our prompt this week in Journal 52 was "Stars".  Being the proud Texan that I am, only one thing came to my mind, and it came immediately.  I had painted this watercolor piece a couple weeks ago and was letting it rest, deciding what, if anything I needed to do with it.  It was embellished with Sakura Gelly pen and to me, it is perfect.  Images of a clear, summer Texas sky resound in my mind and I am transported to summers as a girl, laying in the grass, with a warm summer breeze blowing while I gazed at the stars and dreamed of places far away.  The adjacent page in my journal has been left blank for recording the gorgeous week we are having here in north Texas.   Are you transported with this image to a simpler time and place?

No comments:

Post a Comment