Thursday, March 13, 2014

Midnight Challenge

Tammy Garcia at Daisy Yellow has started a Midnight Challenge, and we have had two so far.  Many of you know I have terrible insomnia so this is right up my alley!  Being up to create at midnight is a no-brainer for me!

The first challenge on March 12 was to create 3 lines of found poetry on an index card. Each line must contain numbers and words.  This was my entry, clipped from the pages of Vogue magazine, always great for journaling fodder.




Last night's challenge was to again use an index card and create a story in 25 words.  Wow. This was more challenging.  I can't do hardly anything in 25 words or less.








I am sure this is all, and excitingly so..... leading up to Tammy's Index-Card-A-Day Challenge (ICAD) which begins June 1st.  I participated last year and it was so much fun!  There were technique challenges, drawing challenges, painting challenges...challenges of every kind imaginable for 61 glorious days.  We are all excited to begin ICAD again this year.  Be sure and join us over at  Daisy Yellow so you can have our same kind of fun this summer.  Tell her "Aunt Betty" sent you!  LOL!

Happy creating!

3 comments:

  1. Very good. You can't beat a good fairy story. Hoping to join in the challenge myself
    Lynn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy is great at surprising us, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful index cards, Betty! I especially like the found poem piece. It's clever!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete