Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Happy Mail Journaling Fun

This has been an outstanding mail week.  Any day that happy mail is in my mailbox is an awesome day, and today was no exception. Not to discount other great and wonderful happy mail I have received lately, a package came today that struck a cord and contained so many things that I loved.  These things screamed to create "right now" and not put it off until later.  So, out came the supplies!  I have great friends, and I am blessed.

This page is primarily collaged from pieces of the envelope and paper ephemera contained therein.  I shaded the paper with burnt sienna from my watercolor crayons and the lettering was done with a brown Sharpie marker.  The lady at the sewing machine is a digital stamp and it is colored with Prismacolor pencils.  The whole thing came together in just less than 30 minutes.  Isn't it wonderful when a plan comes together so quickly?  Must have been the right thing to do for this particular day.

Some days we struggle, and others go smooth as silk.  This was a silk day in my journaling world.






No comments:

Post a Comment